A “Smartphone” is a cellular phone that performs many of the functions of a computer, typically having a touchscreen interface, Internet access, and an operating system capable of running downloaded applications.
Information about all Smartphones:
- Each user can configure his or her Smartphone to synchronize directly with the Microsoft Exchange Server if the user is on the Central Exchange Server at UAB. If not, the user’s own IT department will have to assist with set up and support.
- There is a one-time $10 charge for a new activation or upgrade.
Additional Information about all Blackberry Devices on the UAB Central Exchange Server:
- The Blackberry server will be available to any employee provided he/she has received Departmental approval and can provide a valid Departmental billing code.
- If the Blackberry device is on the UAB contract (currently Verizon), there is a one-time $60 provisioning cost. The annual License Renewal is built into the cost of the monthly data plan.
- If the Blackberry device is NOT on the UAB contract, there is a one-time $60 provisioning cost and an Annual License Renewal of $25 payable annually.
- Students are not eligible to provision a Blackberry device on the UAB Blackberry Server.
Each user should thoroughly research the data/voice device of his or her choice before purchasing.
Click on any picture for more information.